The majority of homeowners don’t give much thought to the inner workings of a refrigerator before it shuts down, or it comes time to buy a new model. To ensure you get the most from this kitchen appliance it can be very useful to know exactly how a refrigerator keeps food and drinks cold—and P&G Union Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read on to find out everything you need to understand concerning how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and if it’s time to hire refrigerator repair Union.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You won’t find too many homes that do not feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a must-have kitchen appliance for a lot of years now. A residential refrigerator stores your food and drinks at the right temperature, to stop spoilage and slow down the growth of bacteria. The process of refrigeration works by distributing the warmth from the interior of the refrigerator to the exterior, relying on principles of evaporation and condensation.
The standard parts of your refrigerator are. For questions or service call P&G Union Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is a combination of a pump and motor, and it’s necessary for the circulation of refrigerant throughout the system.
A compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call on a professional service if the compressor is broken.
The condenser is located on the rear exterior wall of the refrigerator and helps to disperse the heat absorbed from inside the refrigerator out into the surrounding air.
A evaporator is housed in the interior of a refrigerator where it absorbs the warmth trapped within it, effectively lowering the interior temperature.
The moment an evaporator is not working, it is time to call a professional. Don’t wait until it is too late.
Liquid coolant is carried within a capillary tube that acts as an expansion tool as it cools the gas inside, thereby turning it back into liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat regulates the current temperature in the interior of a refrigerator, starting a new cooling period as necessary.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is very prone to problems. Troubleshoot and hire a technician in Union for service the moment an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Right when the temperature inside the refrigerator rises above the set point sensors alert the refrigerator compressor to engage, and the cooling period starts. The unit attracts the cool liquified refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and raises the temperature, turning it into a gas.
2. The compressor unit guides the hot gas in the direction of the condenser coils located on the outside of the appliance, at which point it comes in contact with warmer air temperature in the home and reverts back to a liquid form.
3. The cooled liquid then continues its trip to the refrigerator evaporator, finding its way through the coils within the refrigerator and freezer section.
4. The coolant then absorbs the heated air from inside the refrigerator, thereby lowering the temperature back to the optimal set point.
5. The refrigerant will evaporate, and will return back into a gas state, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor in order to continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is often found in quite a few applications and large appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and residential freezers. By removing heat from a single place and relocating it to elsewhere the cycle of refrigeration will help cooling your home, creates a optimal environment for food that is perishable, and helps with manufacturing and storage of many different products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator require professional attention? Time to schedule an appointment with P&G Union Appliance Repair.
P&G Union Appliance Repair can repair all major brands of refrigerators – including industrial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our licensed service technicians in Union complete training to repair and troubleshoot cooling problems, ice makers, condensation, puddles of water and leaks, bulbs, digital controls, smart technology and other malfunctions. We everything about refrigerator repair! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2023  P&G Union Appliance Repair